Ngoc Son Temple

15/04/2016 09:00

Address: hoan Kiem Lake, Hanoi

Open hours: 08:00 – 17:00

Ticket:  VND 20.000

This temple alongside Lake Hoan Kiem was built in the 19th century, and named after Saint Van Xuong. Confucian scholar Nguyen Van Sieu had a large pen-shaped tower built at the entrance of the temple in 1864, featuring three Chinese characters, Ta Thanh Thien, which literally means "to write on the blue sky is to imply the height of a genuine and righteous person's determination and will."