In 1864, at the suggestion of Dang Huy Truoc, King Tu Duc issued a royal decree to relocate about 1,300 graves of heroic martyrs who had struggled and died during the attack on the city by French troops between 1858 and 1860. They were reinterred at Hoa Vinh Cemetery, a burial ground in Nghi An Village (now Hoa Phat Commune, Hoa Vang District).
This cemetery was again moved when the French colonists established the Da Nang Airport in 1926. It is now in Hoa Khue Village (now Khue Trung Ward, Hai Chau District).
Hoa Vang Cemetery was recognised as a national historical relic by the Ministry of Culture and Information on 4 January 1999.