Con Dao in the past and present
These pictures about the past and present Con Dao will give readers an authentic look as well as the history of the famous island in Ba Ria - Vung Tau province.
A corner of 914 Pier, which was built in 1873 by prisoners. 914 is the number of prisoners who died during the construction process.
Through hundreds of yearsmany places in Con Dao have not changed a lot.
... On the way to Ben Dam.
Many old buildings are preserved but they are now used for other purposes. For example, the former administrative building is now the office of the Management Board of Con Dao Relics.
The Treasury Department is now the Financial Division of Con Dao District.
The French villa is now the Saigon Con Dao hotel, with 36 bedrooms, renovated from the villa built by the French in the 1920s.
Sick prisoners in the cell.
The rally to celebrate the liberation in front of the palace of the Con Dao governor on April 4 1975. This was the house of 53 governors of Con Dao for 113 years. Currently the site is one of the most popular tourist attractions on Con Dao.
On May 15 1975, nearly 2,000 revolutionaries imprisoned on Con Dao returned to the mainland.
The coastal path.