Ba Phi Yen Temple or called An Son temple was constructed in 1785 to worship Madam Phi Yen - wife of Nguyen Anh King (or Gia Long King).
For the people living in the island, the temple has supernatural power and is closely linked to the sad story about beautiful, virtuous and patriotic woman. After her death, the people living in the island constructed the temple to worship her. In 1861, after occupying the island, French colonialism decided to move all people to the mainland to construct the prison so the temple was gradually collapsed. ln 1958, the people of the island re-constructed a new temple in the foundation of the old temple and worship until today.